You can expect the session to be relaxed and enjoyable. If someone isn’t in the mood for photos we can always reschedule. I’m a mother of three, so I understand these things. If we need to take breaks for snacks or cuddles that’s perfectly fine. I enjoy getting to know you and your loved ones, so I can capture your true personalities.
For a newborn session expect to take breaks often to nurse or feed baby as they tend to work up an appetite with me constantly waking them slightly into different positions. Newborn sessions will also take place at my studio in downtown Indianapolis. If you want a session in your home, I can do that but it will be a lifestyle session and you will not get the posed shots. It all depends on what you want to do. Also try to remember to bring an extra set of clothes for yourself, because accidents do tend to happen. For sibling shots with newborns, I usually ask that they come at the beginning or more towards the end of the session. A newborn session can last 3-4 hours and that can be a long time to wait. I will always try to get shots with mom and dad, which is included. But I also understand that not everyone wants that. I wasn’t the type that ever wanted to be photographed after giving birth.
So just let me know what you want and I will work with you to get exactly what you want.
After your session is over your images will be edited to my liking. It may take me three to four weeks to edit the images. I can usually do them within two weeks, but because I have three children and a busy life, I don’t guarantee two weeks. Then you will receive a link to a proofing site, that is password protected. You may share your link with family or friends. You have one week to place your order. If you need more than that time frame, I can reactivate your site for 10$/each additional week. Once your order is placed, I will order your products through my professional lab. This will ensure you better quality products that will last for generations.
I have many hats and headbands for newborns, and a few things for older children, but here is a short list of suggestions of things to bring and wear.
– Au natural is best
– A plain or simple onesy
– For mom, a simple black or white tank top, or short-sleeved shirt, try to avoid patterns or things that are too busy.
– For dad, black or white t-shirt. If you are comfortable bearing your chest these can make beautiful shots.
– If you have any special blankets/quilts, or sentimental family antique props
– Fun sundress
– Yoga pants
– A plain tank top
– A pair of baby shoes you have bought
– A sonogram photo
Families and Children
– You can bring multiple outfits, and if time we can do as much as you want, as long as the child is up for it. They usually decide when we are done.
– Avoid all white or all black clothing. You don’t need to match completely, just try to coordinate colors. I have examples on my Pinterest page that may help you understand what I mean.
– Any fun toys that your children are into at that time, or books can make really cute props.